Media Blog Forum 1

Topic 1:
I, Hadassah Cesaretti am a twenty year old sophomore at Oregon State University. I am originally from California but moved to Oregon to attend OSU. Because of the out of state tuition I have landed myself on the foot steps on Linn Benton and in the duel partnership program ever since my freshman year. I am currently a computer Science major but am interested in too many things to really have a set goal for myself. I am extremely excited to learn more about the impact that the media has on society and visa versa. Because I was born and raised in the era of the internet I like most kids my age are obsessed with social media.  I have watched social media be an escape place, a hide away, a front, and even a diary. I have seen the ups and the downs of what can come of social media in someones life, but what I am really excited to learn about by taking this course is the bigger picture that the media has in everyones day to day lives through social media. We live in the world that is so absorbed with technology and the online life that I want to learn just how much media and society are linked and all the different ways that those two things collide in everyones lives.

I am passionate about many different things. I was raised in a big family who all loved to be active and outside. I could basically ski before I could walk and dive for abalone before I could read. If I had to sum up my favorite activities to do it would no doubt have to be kiteboarding and skiings.

TOPIC 2:
Out of all the internets sources of information I would have to say my main three sources would have to be CNN, Facebook, and MSN. I wouldn't really say Facebook is my go to source of information but because I am on it plenty enough I tend to see all the information it has on it and what my Facebook friends post. As to the reliability of the sources that are my go to for information I tend to use as many different sources as possibly because I know, to an extend, that most of them tend to be bias. And the more you read about a certain topic topic the more rounded you are about that.

The importance of knowing what is and is not fake news is becoming more and more important as we use the Internet as a source of information. and as it increases it is becoming more and more concerning. But it is the reader of the fake news to background check it and find out for themselves if it is or is not fake news. One way to ensure that it is reliable information is to check the sources. A reliable source always has countless other sources. It is called fact checking and because of the increase of fake news everyones should be fact checking information they find on the internet.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3 Media Blog Forum

WEEK 6 MEDIA BLOG FORUM:

Blog Project #2