MEDIA BLOG FORUM 2

Topic 1: 
There are many different sites, organizations and people I follow through my social media accounts. whether or not they are news sites or famous people. Like any normal person I follow my favorite Youtuber on Twitter so I can find out when and if they have any new videos uploaded on youtube. I also Find the youtuber Jason Nash extremely funny so it it always nice to go on twitter and get a good laugh. The next person I follow on twitter is @ realDonaldTrump, not pacifically because I like him but because I want to be informed about what he is up to and his opinions on important matters. lastly I follow an origination called One Green Planet. Which is about animal welfare and keeping the earth green. I love helping as much as I can and this topic has alway interested me in so many different ways. The way this organization doesn't just talk about the problem but actually gets up and does something is why I support and follow them on twitter and other forms of social media.

The last thing I retweeted was actually an article from One Green Planet about how people are capturing elephants and rhinoceroses so they can dye the tusks pink so they poachers wont bother with them. It stood out to me because I never thought that by making the tusk not valuable is a whole different way of going about the problem with the poachers.

In many ways social media has enhanced my ability and the people around me ability to take action and participate in and government or non government activities. these tools that society has because of the media is a great stepping stone to help in all sorts of ways. There are businesses that fully are operating though the eye of social media and there are businesses that doesn't even have a website let alone would imagine using it to help further there business. With anything it takes a person who wants to help or to stand up to actually use these tools we have.

Topic 2:
Growing up I never really the newest or the best devices out there. I didn't even have my own phone until I entered high school. I am not sure if it was because of this or not but it made my whole house a device free zone. And when I finally did get that phone there was absolutely no phones at the dinner table what so ever and if my parents were talking to me phones had to stay away. And do not even get me started if we had a phone out while guests were over. The only thing my phone was for was if I needed to make a call or get in touch with my parents. It was not even until late high school year when I got into social media. Still to this day my number one rule is never be on my phone when someone is talking to you. I hate it when it happens to me so my rules is to not do that.

On my phone I have tons of apps. Apps that help with the weather, ones to help with school, ones to help with finance, ones to even help my workout schedule, and ones that are full just to play as a game. I am a huge fan of puzzle games and mystery games. My top games I play and use on my phone, other than the social media apps, are Gifs against friends, Balls vs Blocks, and 1010. I tend not to play them as much because my time is most definitely better spent not playing them but I usually play them if I am in the car, before bed, or in my down time. I also try to stay positive when I do play them because at least most of them are puzzle games which keeps my brain in check.

I am  a big time user on my phone, I roughly say I spend an hour or two a day on my phone which adds up to about 7-14 hours a week on digital gaming and social networking. So I would definitely admit that I am a big part of the online community. But I also like spending my time outside doing the things I love while being active. But no matter what those things are my phone is always in my back pocket and only a reach away unlike some of my other interests.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3 Media Blog Forum

Week 9 Media Blog Forum

WEEK 6 MEDIA BLOG FORUM: