WEEK 8 MEDIA BLOG FORUM

TOPIC 1: 
I have never understood why what ever "upper power" has the right to banish, block or sensor books. If one thinks about it you have the right to free speech which includes free text. The American Library Association promotes the freedom to choose or the freedom to express one's opinions even if that opinion might be considered unorthodox or unpopular. A book with what ever profanity, foul language, sexism, or racism has in it, should be allow to be published. Books usually are challenged with the best intention, to protect others, especially children from difficult ideas and information. But the world is not always upbeat. Not to look on the dark side but America does not always have a pretty past. So if a writer wants to voice the realistic past such as the book,  Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, they should be allowed to. It is indeed the readers decision to read it or not and what they want to take from it or not. Limiting access to a book will, in the end, intrigue more people than banish it or sensor it.
As much as I love learning about fiction, I love even more, fiction, paranormal activity, vampire werwolf, or anything Hunger game/ Divergent story line. Maybe it is childish but these are the types of books I love digging into and reading about. With all the chaos in the world I like to forget about it for a bit and focus on all the unrealistic novels out there. This might include that I am a child at heart but after reading about all the real world troubles in the newspapers, Facebook post or any other media/paper back media sources I read I like to lose myself in books.
TOPIC 2: 

I including my family do not really read magazines unless it is Readers Digest which usually updates you on daily inspiring stories, hilarious jokes, advice on health, weight loss & more. This is the only magazine prescription, other than Boy Scouts of America, which I usually do not read, that we pay for. It is one of the few magazines as a kid that did not bore me and still does not to this day. It is insightful, with facts that are backed up and displayed. When I read this magazine I know it is only telling me the facts and not some made up truth. In an article about which tabloids lie the most by Maureen O'Connor in September 28th 2016 states that US Weekly average covers 35% Accuracy and even Life & Style that averagely covers 25% Accuracy and even In Touch averages  9% Cover Accuracy.
Like most magazines they are run by what the producers think is the most interesting article. Reader's Digest has been entertaining and informing readers around the globe about various issues faced in our daily lives.The digest can be considered to be a guide not just to improving the English language but also a guide to life and maintaining relationships. Reader's Digest has a massive global circulation of 5.6 million copies per month and has become more of a necessity for the readers rather than a luxury, unlike other magazines I have talked about. 
Reader's Digest publishes bi-monthly a series of softcover anthologies called Reader's Digest Select Editions. Even During the 1970s, there was a Reader's Digest Press, which published full-length, original works of non-fiction. To this day the magazine has been faithful to its organs which says a lot. Readers Digest is an American general-interest family magazine, published ten times a year. The average consumer of this publications is a loyal family man type. I know from my family that we are loyal to this brand, like most others are. Not all brands are trust worthy and I believe, as a consumer, it is our job to figure out what brand is worthy of or trust and money and what brand is not. And what brand you decide to back says a lot about ones selfs. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3 Media Blog Forum

WEEK 5 MEDIA BLOG FORUM:

Week 9 Media Blog Forum