Week 9 Media Blog Forum

TOPIC 1: MUSIC'S INFLUENCE 
Everyone has the right to view and look upon what they like. But as a family person I understand the meaning of protecting someone from viewing "corrupting influences." As the youngest of four I am well aware of the protective stance. Even though they tried to shielded me from all the bad influences I still saw them and viewed them like anyone else. The 21st century has a special power of doing that, not even people can try to hide all the bad influences out there from you because wherever you look they are there. Growing up it was not hard to look around and see all the corrupting video, music, dances that go along with it. There are plenty of song out there that make you rethink where the human race is going. Such as Cupcakke deepthroat, or even more of the popular songs like Cake by the Ocean. That if you think about it has a terrible meaning that sexualizing everything. Songs these days are roughly about four different things, sex, money, drugs, and love which is usually explained with sex. Just view any popular music video and the chances of it having a girl half naked are about 90% chance. If this does not raise an eyebrow than you are indeed already corrupted with all the influences around you.
I feel... I feel sad that this is the new normal. That Kids in the 5th grade have nicer phones that I had when I was in high school. That corruption can so easily happen anywhere you go. With adds on the bus, magazines in the line while you purchase your food, or in songs that your sister, child, brother or friend listens to on the radio.
I in no way have a favorite genre or artist that I listen to. I love music and all kinds of different types of songs. Maybe it is pathetic or sad that I do not know my genre of music, especially considering I took a music class this summer, but I just can not put my music interest into one classification. I like all different types of music, artists, genres, and songs.

TOPIC 2: CAMPUS RADIO
It is very possible to build a audience, and a cast for this campus radio. I believe it would be a great way to share great music, ideas, and as well as a way to get the word out on important local and national news. Kids, especially college students, want a way to get connected with others. It is only natural to want and need that connection at our age and time in our life. This would be a wonderful way do to just that.
One thing I have learned while taking this course is that the main focus for any radio playing music station should be the curation. Which means the collection and sorting of information. Find your target audience and find out what they want. Once you get a target audience it is yours to do with as pleased. You just have find your niche, once you do that you have to maintain it and give them what they want. knowing what they want is the hard part that is why curation is so important. Considering the average amount of student at LBCC are newly adults I can guess they like more modern music. I would say your safe bet is to start with that. Get the attention of a certain group and grow from
 there.
Funding the venture will also be a hard part. But theres nothing like good fundraisers for the locals to put there money to. Everyone always underestimates what a good fundraiser can do. And there are hundreds of ideas for fundraisers out there. When I was in 4-H we always did a spaghetti fundraiser which was one of the most profitable ones we had. We would ask local store to fund food for the event and than sell tickets to it. We would also make baked goods for the event and sell them at the door. This can be easily done to raise money for the project and fund money for the radio station.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3 Media Blog Forum

WEEK 6 MEDIA BLOG FORUM: